Solved

Using Insert-Update to update fields on ContentVersion in Salesforce

• 4 April 2022
  • 2 replies

We're saving our files to Salesforce Content Libraries, but there's an added requirement where we need to update the Category and Type fields on the ContentVersion object for each document produced. 

We're trying to use Insert-Update in Nintex DocGen to update those fields, but when we run the doc gen, it does nothing.  We have it set up like the attached.

Since the record would have already been created when the document was created, we're selecting Updating Existing Record and letting Nintex move the Content Version ID to the Field-Value Pairs.

Are we doing something wrong?  Can this be done through DocGen?

icon

Best answer by Brent_Doc 6 April 2022, 03:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @JimW,

As the logic is sound, DocGen does not currently have the ability to update the File/Content record being created with an Attach portion of a delivery option. I believe the only delivery option this would possibly work with is a Content Delivery option, which may not be the User experience you are looking for. 

Previously we have requested users to post this request on our Uservoice but I could not find any post regarding this specific request. 

The previous recommendations as work arounds were to use salesforce flow or custom apex triggers to grab and update the data the records after creation due to how and when docgen has record ids and information.

Let us know if there are more questions and here is our uservoice: https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/344250-8-nintex-drawloop-docgen-for-salesforce 

Thank you, @Brent_Doc for the update.  I'll add my suggestion to the Uservoice.  Appreciate the help!