cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Index was outside the bounds of the array" when submitting a form.

I have made multiple solutions with Ninitex Forms and Workflow for Office 365 and this is the first time I have run into this.

I originally ran into this error with a Personal Time Off request using a SharePoint list. I couldn't find the answer so I just deleted everything and started over. It all worked great for a few days, but today I started getting the error again. This makes it so no one can actually submit a request with the form I have created. The error seems to happen after I have made many design changes to the form.

I've attached a screen clipping of the error and a screen clipping of the form in the designer just incase that is helpful.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: "Index was outside the bounds of the array" when submitting a form.

Andrew,

We were able to reproduce this issue in testing and our Dev team is currently investigating.

We should have an update soon from the Dev team.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

‌, do you have a solution for that?  Can you describe what could go possibly wrong?

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

This can be caused by column name, or another example:

When a default value in a disabled people picker control is equal to the empty string ("").  This should only be possible if a token resolves to nothing.  For example, Created By (Display Name) will resolve to nothing if the item is in New mode.

Leaving the default value field empty will pass a null default value, and so will not cause this error.

Best thing to do is to open a support case so we can review what elements are in play here.  Please be sure to include the form export as well as the list export.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks for the answer. Will leave it here for others, looking for a possible solution.

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Having the same issue in nintex forms office 365 

I checked:

1. No column contains special character

2. No default value for a people and group field

Any idea what is causing this issue?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Figured out the issue, if anyone is interested, my issue was related to a people and group field.

• I had a people and group field in the form, connected to a people and group list column - Contract Manager.
  • Later on I decided to use a text column instead of the people and group column.
  • So I renamed the old people and group list column to 'Contract Manager1' and created a single line of text column called 'Contract Manager'.
  • Then I updated the form's (Nintex O365 Responsive form) people and group field to connect to the newly created text column 'Contract Manager'.

----- that was the issue. 

Solution for me: 

People and group form field -- should be connected to -- people and group list column (not a text column)

Accept as Solution Reply