extract emailadress from a collection variable

Badge +3

Hi, I have a List Business Change Request ehich starts a workflow when a new item ist created. The stakeholder are all in a separated list. So I did a list query which asks for all the stakeholder fields. With for each... I go through with a collection Event (pick up) it works....

BUT. when I send an email with the COLL variables I get the usernames like "i:0#.w|domainNAME". I would prefer to extract somehow the email address itself but I have no clue how to do that. I have to say that I've been am not the NINTEX crack yet.

Hope this is possible. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards

Joel

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Perhaps you can use the following RegEx to find the pattern you want to remove:

(i:0#.w|)+

This will work with the fn-Replace() inline function.

Badge +9

Hi Joel,

Are the names in a SP people field, or a people field with multiple selections?

As these fields contain multiple data formats, you will want to use the 'coerce' option to choose how to read the data to the workflow:

Select the x

Select the format (in your case you may want email addresses)

Let me know if this helps

Callum

Badge +3

Hi Callum,

I use a custom list which has three columns (people picker - which means people or group with one or more peoiple/group(s).

In anotherlist when a new item is created, the (NINTEX) workflow should read out the three columns and put it in a variable.

This works so far. Also the mail is shot every time and in my drop directory (I don't dend out mails on my test machine) I find all emails. So far so good.

What is not that cool, is when I (for testing) read out the variables, I see the following ....

i:0#.w|DOMAINLOGINNAME;i:0#.w|DOMAINLOGINNAME;i:0#.w|DOMAINLOGINNAME;........etc.

Same in every of the 3 variables.

Now I thought I could "easily" Change and put only the email address in those var's instead of this.

It is only an assumption but perhaps when I am not here, others could more easy work on it and understand it besser than all this "i:0#.w|DOMAIN"" crap. I think due to the fact we use it internal, I could also only delete that string ahead of the Login Name. That would bia an alternative.