Hi, I'm using Nintex for Sharepoint Online. The issue is that one particular workflow is often taking ages to run. Sometimes it only takes 8 mins, other times it's taken 48mins! I've had a look through other posts and it sounds similar to this one:
But the link in the advice given doesn't work for me - maybe it's an O365 thing?
Can anyone advise on how to speed things up?
Solved! Go to Solution.
As @v-tmasenko has already mentioned...does your workflow use Query XML often? This caused such poor peformance in some of our workflows that we ended up redesigning forms to not have repeating sections or unbound controls.
Also, O365 actions are often very slow to execute e.g. O365 Set Item Permissions. So if you have many of these you could see runtime blow out.
Hello, apologies for the late reply - I seem to have turned notifications off. Yes the workflow does use Query XML, and you're right it does take ages but it seems to get past that point and then hang somewhere random. We are using some set item permissions actions too. I've tried inserting logging and there's nothing suspicious happening. I'm wondering if perhaps Sharepoint itself is running slowly on our tenant and that's causing the problem. At least I know i'm not alone! Thank you.
Update: I think all these replies apply to us - I've just picked the most fitting one as the answer. However I think the main issue is that there is something wrong with our Sharepoint tenant or possibly how we connect to it. If I find out what it is i'll do another update. Thank you everyone for your help.