Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

What part of my workflow is erroring?

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am using nintex in an office 365 environment.  I am working with a state machine.  At first I thought the workflow was erroring because I had added a "run if" command and a conditional branch command within a state of a state machine.  After removing the things I had thought were the cause I am still recieving the error.  All it should be doing is waiting for tasks to complete and then send emails.  It goes into a suspended status as soon as it tries to send an email.  The error code I am getting is:

RequestorId: 8c3b2a5b-c388-f407-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidCastException: String at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.CheckedRead(String propertyName, DynamicItem value) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty<String> FormatString NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_8e03d64c_49b1_4845_a435_94f748f07d04 Sequence If If While State Machine Sequence Flowchart Change Workflow.WorkflowXaml_f1ecdccd_fb76_4183_a267_def11edbc6b1

Any ideas?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: What part of my workflow is erroring?

Jump to solution
  • Some things I did before was setting up the statemachine newly and publish
  • Sometimes error trapping by just disabling an action and see what happens to the bare bone of your functionality.
  • Checking the proper values with writing Log statements to see if data is available in the proper format.
  • Sending the error to Nintex anyway as it's not really descriptive for a non coding solution :)
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: What part of my workflow is erroring?

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

It is definitely failing inside the Send Email action, however I cannot see exactly why from this stack. Are you using Internal Email (O365) or External Email (Nintex) in the action configuration?

Somewhat related, there is a feature request here regarding error messages that you may want to comment or vote on if you have not already: Workflow Errors – Customer Feedback for Nintex. The error you are seeing here is from the Workflow Engine and these are not always very useful in unexpected situations such as yours.

Callum

View solution in original post

0 Kudos