Unable to add description to task form

• 23 October 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I've been working with editing the task form in Nintex workflow 365. I think we could really take advantage of this except for two issues:

1. For some reason the 'body' field does not appear as a task column in the designer.

2. When you use a content webpart (to create a list of 'my tasks' from the site), and click on a task with a Nintex form, you get a 'this item cannot be found. It may have been moved or deleted' error.

Any thoughts on how I can get around either issue?

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

That's why I was confused - the body field appears on the designer but is not connected. In the image below you can see that connected it to a body or description doesn't appear as an option. Nor does it appear in the task column pane.

As with the second issue, I was using a content webpart to roll up all the workflow tasks from different sites. Is there a way to use Nintex forms and be able to open them from a content roll up?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

No, I'm using the workflow tasks list created by Nintex when you install the workflow app. I am using content types though, and the body field is a site column.

Thanks,

Katherine

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Nintex Support,

Just wondering if there's any more insight into this issue?

Thanks,

Katherine

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi ‌!

Have you found a solution for your problem? From my experience it turns out that when you create a form from the Nintex action, so being in the Workflow Designer, you click on the task action and then "Edit Form" option the Comment field is properly connected to the "Body" column.

However when you create the form right from the Tasks Lists, than no matter if it is enhanced by Nintex or not, the field is not connected, moreover the "Body" column is not visible.

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Tomasz Poszytek‌,

Thanks for checking in, however, the company I was doing this for has since gone out of business  

I didn't end up finding a solution for either issue though.

Kind regards,

Katherine