Flexi Task reminders and a Due Date?

Badge +9

When are the Flexi Task reminders triggered? On the Due Date or when the task is created? In my very simple workflow I have a Flexi Task due in 7 days (Calculate date) but the reminders are triggered right after the task is created not waiting for the Due Date. Is this the expected behavior?

2016-06-06_15-16-12.jpg

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Igor:

So it sounds like what you want is a reminder to go off in the calculated date (which you can do from within Reminders without a need for the Calendar Calculation you've done), and that it's the notification (aka the very first "Reminder" - in this case called a Task Notification, a separate button) that you want to get rid of. I don't see a way to turn that off... I hope someone can shed light on this!

Badge +9

What I want is to confirm what is the expected behavior for the Reminders functionality in the Flexi Task. The Calendar Calculation is only to set a Due Date to 7 days from now.

2016-06-07_8-13-20.jpg

This is what I expect: Reminders will be generated 10 min after the Due Date.

This is what I am seeing: Reminders are generated 10 min after the task is created completely ignoring the Due Date.

So which one is the expected behavior?

Badge +6

Hey Igor,

your expectations are the same as my expectations! This is an excerpt from the Nintex Workflow 2013 documentation. It's described like we're expecting it.

185712_pastedImage_1.png

185711_pastedImage_0.png

Maybe you should contact the support team.

Best regards,

Jan

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Igor,

Depends how you interpret a Reminder. If you consider a reminder some time after the Task creation date to ensure the assignee completes in before the set Due Date, then the way it works makes sense. Especially considering this even works if no Due Date is specified.

But I have to agree with your (and Jan's) expectation of how it should work: based on Due Date and if not set, then use the Created date.

NB: I'm curious how you guys interpret Escalations. Here I would expect to be able to send an email to the in-line manager of the assignee if the task is still not completed after the various reminders. And not either Complete it or Delegate the task.....