Solved

Launching another workflow from Responsive Form? (ex: to withdraw request already submitted)

• 23 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

I have an old classic form for submitting a travel request.  In this form was a button that had some javascript that would launch a workflow to withdraw the request after it had been submitted.  This made it easy for the travelor to withdraw it without invoilvment from IT or to leave workflow instances running.

I am redesiging everything, form, workflow, you name it.  Since I can't use js in the responsive form, is there another way to do that in the form?  OR does anyone have any other ideas on how to have a user kill a workflow with a push of a button? (rather than going through the instance and knowing what to press)

icon

Best answer by rhia 23 April 2019, 06:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey there, 

What I tend to do is have a button that sets a status field, and then takes an action depending on that status number. So for example, if "Cancel Request" is clicked, set the Status Number to 6, and then either send it down a switch path of 6 = terminate, or, start a workflow conditionally on 6 that cancels it.  

Would that work for you?

Badge +6

Possibly.  My workflow is HUGE and I'm not sure at what point the user may cancel the workflow...  I took a look at the options you mention and it got me thinking.  What if I have my old workflow that cancels the request start on a condition of 6? 

Badge +6

Thanks Rhia!  I set my workflow to start on a condition of StartWithdrawl = 'Yes' and had a dropdown menu at the bottom of the form asking the user if they want to withdraw the request.  This works perfect!  The workflow launches within seconds!