Solved

How can I lookup different language text (each language has its own row) to pull in to a Calculated Value in Nintex Forms 365?

• 24 November 2015
  • 8 replies

Badge +11

How can I lookup different language texts (each language has its own row) to pull in to a Calculated Value in Nintex Forms for Office 365 - so that language selection from a pulldown would change the content of the calculated value?

icon

Best answer by shaunlub 18 April 2017, 03:32

View original

8 replies

Badge +7

This doesn't work on 365 ?

http://www.sharepointpub.com/nintex-forms-multi-language-form

Badge +11

There is no 'lookup' in the form runtime functions on Nintex 365 forms...

365nintexformsRuntimeFuncExerpt.PNG

Badge +7

Oh yes...

Maybe you could use panels that will show/hide accordind to language choice.

Less dynamic than lookups but....

Badge +11

...which defeats the purpose of having the translated texts outside the form, in SharePoint, where regional staff can access and update them as required.

Using panels would add to size and load time, and any slight change needs to have the form updated.

This is Nintex Forms 365 - no versioning here.. Relying on preview or publish and hope .. Or export old versions just in case ... All reasons to cut down unnecessary editing if the form in 365 Nintex.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi! Have you solved that issue? Can you share your solution with us?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +11

Yes, Tomasz. The functionality to enable this became available last July.

I did not get to use it for languages, but here is how I have used it - looking up approval managers for a specific Change Scope.

Here are the steps needed to lookup the data from one row of a list. And can be used for languages as well as names.

1. Source list for data - in my case manager names. Here Title Column will hold the Scope value we will be using to filter on.

2. Lookup column needs to be created on the main list -> this is looking at the title of the Scopes List

3. Add List Lookup Control on to your Nintex 365 form:

4. Add Calculated Value control on the form to pull in the lookup list data, and save it to your local list:

I have a lot of stuff surrounding the lookup, to make the output more presentable, but the heart of it is the lookup function:

(lookup("Scopes-List","ID",ChangeScope,"Operations-Assignee")

...which is using the Change Scope control value to filter the Scopes-List, and pulls the value from the Operations-Assignee column into the Calculated Value. This value is saved locally in teh Ops-Assignee column of the main list.

I hope this is helpful.

Badge +11

lookup("Scopes-List","ID",ChangeScope,"Operations-Assignee") is correct here - I left in a leading bracket... that is not needed

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thank you very much for your input. I'm sure it will help many

Regards,

Tomasz