How to unpublish a major version of a document in a document library that is in the K2 BlackPoint workflow approval process

• 5 January 2011
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I'm new to K2 BlackPoint 4.5 and I was wondering if someone can help me get past this hurdle.

I created a K2 BlackPoint SharePoint Inegration workflow process that gets triggered when a document is modified to handle the document check-in process of major versions in a MOSS 2007 document library. Document Check in/out is required and Major/minor versioning is enabled on the document library.

The routing for the approval process which is an IPC event is using an InfoPath form to collect the required approvals works fine but I realized that when an approver declines the major version that has been submitted my workflow ends but the major version remains published.

My question is how do I un-publish the major version that has been submitted for approval when an approver rejects the document submission?

5 replies

Badge

Have you found a solution to this?  I'm having a similar problem where I want to refresh to the previous published version when an approver rejects the document.

Badge +5

Just a thought.

The built in SharePoint approval stuff is bad mojo (IMHO).  I would have a list/lib. where stuff is worked on and then when it is “approved” move it to a second list that is all “approved” items.

Badge +1

Unfortunately I have not found a solution to this problem yet.

Badge +1

Hey Wilner001: The issue I'm having will not be addressed by your suggestion.  Let me list out the steps on how to get to the point where my issue occurs:

A user through a K2 uploading proccess (process1) uploads a document.

The document is uploaded to a SharePoint Document Library and checked in as a major version 1.0

A user modifies the uploaded document in the doc library and checks it in as a major version 2.0.

A K2 approval workflow (process 2) kicks off to gather approval from an approving committee.

If one of the approvers denies the new version (2.0), the new version should not be published as a major version, rather the old 1.0 version should stay as the current major version.

What's happening is that the major version stays at 2.0. I don't know how to revert back to the last published version (1.0).

Badge +5

We gave up on messing with The SharePoint Version Control (not just because of K2). We leave it turned when we need a controlled library to show the history, but we add a column called "Version" The workflow can then easily control that field, and we just let SharePoint call the versions whatever it wants, because our users only see the column that we created.

We did ask about using K2 to control the SharePoint version numbers during pre-sales, but essentially the answer was "well you could write some custom code yourself..." Quite frankly, our issues with this version control number went beyond just K2. We had users moving from the network into SharePoint, and they wanted the version number to be 43.7 because that is what it was on the actual documents. Aside from checking the document in and out 43 times, we never even found how to make the version be what we needed. Thus, our use of a Metadata Column.