Disable control - O365

• 21 October 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I am currently using a number of forms in an Office 365 solution. Within the forms I frequently use controls that are connected to list columns. I have found that when I submit the form that the value gets deleted from the list column if the control is disabled. Am I getting this wrong, or should the field merely become read-only if it is disabled?

I also tried to keep the control enabled and set the Control Mode to 'display'. This also removed the value from the list column.

I only found this behaviour on O365 and not with my Forms 2013 instance.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Jason,

I just did a simple test with two list columns on the form. If the first field is populated, the second field is disabled. So I put some information in the second field and then populate the first field to disable the second field and submit. After submit it still has all the data in both columns.

Is this the scenario you are testing?

2015-10-23_11-14-56.png

2015-10-23_11-13-12.png

2015-10-23_11-13-39.png

Badge +6

Hi,

Yes, it is similar but the control that gets disabled is a lookup to another list.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Jason,

I just extended my form with a choice option to enable or disable the a Lookup control. When the lookup control is disabled, it will still submit the data. Is this more like your scenario?

132914_pastedImage_0.png

132915_pastedImage_1.png

132916_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +6

Hi,

I capture the data in a form in the first step of the workflow via the lookup control that is connected to a column from the list.

The second form then opens with the data pre-populated. When I submit this second form, if the controls are disabled then the column data gets deleted.

Does that make more sense?

Regards,

Jason Durrant | Sales Director

Mob: 0466 599 126

jason.durrant@technologyshed.com.au<mailto:jason.durrant@technologyshed.com.au>

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Jason,

Could you send an email to support@nintex.com with all the details of the issue?

Thanks,

Euan