Create a document cover page with version history

• 1 April 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I'm struggling to find a solution to this - I would like to have a document cover page with some basic information from Sharepoint (author/title etc) which works fine. However I really want an 'approved document history' table, which would look something like this (to be placed on the front cover of a word doc):

Version Date Approver Comments
1.0 01-01-2016 Joe Bloggs First version to client
2.0 02-01-2016 Darth Vadar Further information on Death start blueprints added

At first I tried to contain all the data into a single multi line field, which works great in Sharepoint, and can be added to Word - however there is a 255 character limit in the document information panel, which means that you can open the file, but you cannot save it back to sharepoint.

Does anyone have any good solution to this request please? Our approval workflow is fairly basic, it just goes to a major version and stores a comment from the initiator with date/time stamp

1 reply

Badge +17

I would suggest using a workflow to collect the information, store that information the list item as necessary and then use document generation to create a document from the data on the list. 

Here is a link to a post on the action - https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/New-Feature-Document-Generation-On-Premises/ba-p/80654

While it references on-premises, the action design and steps are similar.