cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Configuring Nintex Workflow to open Task Form in Edit Mode

Jump to solution

Hey all--

Hoping one of you may have a good answer. Is there a way to configure Nintex Workflow to open a Task Form in Edit Mode?

In Task, I can assign a variable to the task ID. I actually don't see that option in Task Process.

When I try this, I get null for the ID:

https://tenantname.sharepoint.come/sites/sitename/workflow tasks/editform.aspx?ID={Variable:TaskItemID}

Even if this worked it wouldn't help for the task processes. I found a blog that gave me a JS solution, but even that work-around makes the loading happen twice (which may be OK but still deviates from the desired user experience).

Ideas?

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Configuring Nintex Workflow to open Task Form in Edit Mode

Jump to solution

It is possible...I have one it by using a configured link in the emails or tasks

Steps as follow :

FIRST - open a form in EDIT mode ( the one you want to open  - but any of the items ) - copy the link

then in workflow, add a hyper link in the email or task

then use the link in the URL section of the hyper link, make sure you add your friendly test

then, DELETE the item number and replace it with the ID form the field list in the right.

TIP - you can add your redirect source to the link easily  - after your link type "&Source=https://www.wherever.com." Then, once the user has completed the form they will be redirected to that UR rather than the list.

Hope this makes sense....first post

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Have you made this solution work with Task Forms, or just the List Form? I know it works in List Forms.

I'll try your method, but the issue I'm having is that it seems Nintex doesn't generate the Task ID and fill the variable prior to completing its email operation for tasks. Thus, the URL generated in the task comes back with a blank value where the Task ID should be. Sadly, the Assign a Task action does give the user the opportunity to save the Task Item ID as a Variable, but, perhaps, not fast enough to be included in the email? And even more sad, the Start a Task Process action doesn't even include the option to save the Task Item ID as a variable.

But, anyway, I'll try your method and see if I simply overlooked the solution! Thanks so much!

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I did see this! It's quite clever. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for Tasks with multiple recipients--which I need. Thanks for looking around for a solution for me. I really appreciate it.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Release Date 20 July 2016

• Open task forms in Edit mode
    • Ability to configure task forms to open directly in Edit mode, available in Assign a Task and Start a Task Process actions

https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1419

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Nathan Wright​! Is there a response you can click as "correct answer?" If so, please do, it's helpful for other community members who search for similar questions.

Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos