Concatinating ID field with a string using Nintex workflow for office 365

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello Team,

I am new to Nintex workflow. My requirement is to add a column in the sharepoint list which will have a constant and ID value together as  a string everytime a new item is created. 

Example: for first item ID will be 1 and new column will have value A1 and will be A2 , A3 etc for 2nd and 3rd item respectively. 

I tried creating a workflow by 

1. Quering the list and do descending sort based on ID column and assigning ID values to a variable as output

2. use get Item from Collection method and get the first value using index = 0 and assign to a variable

3. create a workflow variable and assign it a constant , in our example "A"

4. Use build string to concatenate variables from step 2 and step 3 using {var1}{var2} and assigning it  to output

5. use Set Field in current item to add the value from step 4 to the new column 

It is not working. I am using Nintex workflow for O365. Can you please guide me ?

Regards,
Sandeep

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Out of the 5 steps in the workflow which one is not doing what its expected to do?

Hi,

It is not doing concatenating and creating a new item in the column. when I add an item into the list, there is no response. The workflow is running without errors.

Regards,

Sandeep

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

Log your variables after each step so you know here it is going wrong.