Problem retrieving items from Smart Object/Item Reference

• 29 February 2016
  • 0 replies

Badge +12

Symptoms

Problem retrieving items from Smart Object/Item Reference

Diagnoses

I need to create a workflow to link to it in K2 Studio. I'm not familiar with K2 Studio, I have tried many things and viewed documentation on the K2 site but I cannot find a way of retrieving items to display via my workflow.

The process is a user goes to a new entry page, keys in the information. The values are saved using the Smart Object Create method to my table. This is working fine and all the views/forms were created in K2 Designer.

From there I need a workflow to start, I have set this up in K2 Studio. It needs to update Active Directory (I can do this fine). It then needs to send an email containing values that were entered on the form. I don't know how to select these values. I don't seem to be able to retrieve them from the Smart Object or Item Reference.

Can you please advise how I can achieve this? Do I need to find an alternative method of passing these values?

Resolution

- Create an email event.
- Create a datafield for the information from the form to be stored in.
- Then on the form use the rule 'Start Workflow' and when you configure this, place the values that you would you like to be in the datafield.
- After this you should get emails with the information from the Active Directory.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!