cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Availability of "Commit Pending Changes" - action in Nintex for Office 365

Jump to solution

Hi I am new to Nintex Workflows for O365. I have an On-Premise workflow which needs to be recreated in Nintex for O365. The On-Premise workflow has an action Item update followed by "Commit Pending Changes" in it - in order to get dependent read functionality. Does Nintex for O365 has such action. If not what is the workaround / Does the ItemUpdate action has Auto Commit option? Please help. Thanks in Advance...

Labels: (1)
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Availability of "Commit Pending Changes" - action in Nintex for Office 365

Jump to solution

Hello Krisharao,

no this action is not available on Nintex for O365.

Just let me explain for what this action is used for:

This action ensures that the SharePoint batch pipe gets synchronized by with the Nintex batch pipe.

So depending on your workflow, you have to find another way, of needed. Just give it a try, an build your wf on an Nintex test environment.

Regards

Oliver

Not applicable

Re: Availability of "Commit Pending Changes" - action in Nintex for Office 365

Jump to solution

Krishnarao,

There is no commit pending changes in Nintex Workflow O365. This is due to leveraging Sharepoint 2013 workflow engine (workflow manager) to process workflows.

You can read more about how workflows are processed in workflow manager here:

A Developer's Introduction to Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) in .NET 4

The particularly important piece is the following:

Data Flow

In WF3, the flow of data in a workflow was opaque.  WF4 provides a clear, concise model for data flow and scoping in the use of arguments and variables.  These concepts, familiar to all developers, simplify both the definition of data storage, as well as the flow of the data into and out of workflows and activities.  The data flow model also makes more obvious the expected inputs and outputs of a given activity and improves performance of the runtime as data is more easily managed.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Andrew Beals