How can I delete old versions of a process?

Badge +9

On my development box, I have a heap of versions (about 190) of a process - I want to remove the older versions and just keep the latest ones. How can I do this?

As the .kprx file is about 6meg in size, I am running out of space on my hard drive..

4 replies

Badge +9
Take a look at some of the stored procedures under the K2Server database... there are some 'wipe' procedures that might do what you are looking for (probably more) but they are not officially supported.  Since it is a dev box, though, why not?  Worst case, if you lose all versions, you can jsut redeploy from source.
Badge +9

Hi Tim,

Thanks very much for the suggestion - I will have a look and see what I can see in regard to their stored procedures.

Seems a bit strange that there is no option to do this (or to delete an entire process!). I will submit a feature request as well.

Thanks again for getting back to me!

Badge +10

Hi All,

Please be aware that you have to clean out both your K2Server and K2ServerLog DBs at the same time with the K2 blackpearl Server Service stopped before deploying any new processes. If you do not do this then your DBs will be out of sync and your reporting will be mixed up. Fixing the reports is no easy task and since this is not supported as per the K2 support contract you are basically on your own in trying to resolve it.

When you do use the script clean out both DBs simultaneously.

A better approach to this would be to install a clean environment and immediately take a backup of all the K2 blackpearl databases. Keep these in a safe place and when you want to revert your environment, simply restore these DBs. With this you do not run the risk of having anything that is out of sync or any orphaned entries. 

Regards,

Badge +6

See this post...

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/johnny/archive/2009/04/14/23186.aspx

Remember, this will not remove the process defenitions.