How to update the originator of an existing / running instance of workflow?

• 13 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I guess other people must have come across similar situation where they need to change the originator of a workflow instance.

In this case, an employee, who raised several instrances of a business process workflow, has left the business. Now that the originator does not work here anymore, I need to change the originator of all those instances to an existing employee of the organistaion.

I am using K2 build 4.16060.2000.3

How can I achieve this please?

PS: The record of the employee who left the business has been removed from the Active Directory.

Regards

2 replies

Badge +15

I only tried changing the originator directly in the database, and did not perform a thorough check, so I am not sure if there will be any negative effect. I will recommend you stop your K2 service first, and create a backup of your K2 database before attempting this.

The two tables that store your process instance records are as follows:

• [Server].[ProcInst] - This stores the current state of your process instance

• [ServerLog].[ProcInst] - This is sort of a log that tracks your process instance states

Both tables have a column called 'Originator' which stores the originator information. You just need to find the record that matches the process instance you want to modify, then update the Originator property with the FQN of the user you want to replace.

Hi AbdulRehman,

I hope this will solve your issue. 

Kind Regards
Luyanda

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]