Solved

ifelse condition + variables in Nintex Forms for SharePoint Online

• 26 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I am currently working in forms on a repeating section that calculates some variables based on user input. I am using the responsive web designer and SharePoint Online.

Basically what I want to achieve is the following: ifelse(toggle=="true", take variable 1, variable 2)

The problem is though variable 1 works, variable 2 is not taken for some reason.

Since it is a repeating section, I have been transforming all toggle arrays into strings. Variabe 1 and 2 are decimals. Further, I would like to know how to safe the sum of all repeating sections in a sharepoint column. Since it will be a variable, I am not sure how to achieve that.

Thank you for any insight on this!

icon

Best answer by butlerj 8 May 2020, 15:46

View original

2 replies

Unfortunately, I don't have much help for you other than you will not be able to store a variable into a SharePoint Column in the New Responsive Designer... yet. I am keeping tabs on a forum  that lists all of the current limitations. 

My workaround until they update, is displaying the variable directly above the column choice, and then manually adding the variable. Not ideal, but hopefully only temporary.

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

@Tascin While I'm not 100% sure of your form or use case, I think I was able to come up with a solution for both your problems:

Toggle:

This can be done using a Formula control and the 'If' runtime function combined with your variables. I had two variables:

I then configured my formula field with the IF function:

When previewing the form you can see that the value changes to the be variables quantity based on what the state of the toggle:

Then for summing values from a repeating section I also used a formula field that could then just be connected to a SharePoint column:

Hope that helps!