Workflow history and forms in Nintex for O365

• 28 July 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I'm new Nintex user and I've just started to create a new workflows.

The thing that is very crucial for me is to have a clear Workflow history. With currently used other workflow system history is a standard feature available for any workflow you create. I see here this is a little bit tricky.

So, from what I've found already on the community:

1. Workflow history - for O365 there is only a standard Sharepoint History which looks quite good for me (I see who approved, can navigate to form etc) but... it will disappear after 60 days and (what I've found) there is no additional Nintex Workflow History on O365?

2. Copy fields to Sharepoint List - I've already learned how to copy task data (approver's name etc.using regex) but how can I link / navigate from list view to the form? I do not want to copy all the fields to the list (repeating fields etc) is this the only way?

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +6

Hello, I am mostly using a simple field called Log and append information to that. If you approve a task and use the Buildstring you can format the log information in the way you like. Benefit is that info remains with the item so no 60 days limits or whatsoever. 

Its the multiline text field with Append enabled and requires Version Control enabled which is I think by default for the list / library.