Solved

Using the repeater control and synchronizing the parent and child list

• 17 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I'm new to Nintex Forms and Workflows so my apologies if I have used incorrect terminology or if this is a silly question.

I'm currently having an issue with synchronizing a parent and child list whilst using the repeater control.  I found this really useful link https://vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-parsing-nintex-forms-repeating-section-in-office-365.aspx I have followed the instructions to the letter and couldn't understand why it wasn't working and then I realised the issue.  

The XML in the NFFormData variable should look like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><FormVariables><Version /><MyRepeatingSection type="System.String">&amp;lt;?xml version=&amp;quot;1.0&amp;quot; encoding=&amp;quot;utf-8&amp;quot;?&amp;gt;&amp;lt;RepeaterData&amp;gt;&amp;lt;Version /&amp;gt;&amp

which correctly shows the repeating section name as "MyRepeatingSection".  This works fine in Responsive Forms, however in the New Responsive Form the XML contains a GUID

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><FormVariables><Version>1.0</Version><_5b0eab4d59c7613edf429b8c68e04517 type="System.String">&amp;lt;?xml version=&amp;quot;1.0&amp;quot; encoding=&amp;quot;utf-8&amp;quot;?&amp;gt;&amp;lt;RepeaterData&amp;g

The result is that I am unable to extract the field names within the string.  Is the difference between the 2 form types intentional?  Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by nico 18 June 2020, 11:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi,

There is a current limitation on the new responsive forms and repeting section.
When you use Repeting Section it will generate GUID as "control name" in the XML that the Repeting Section generate (compared to the other type of forms which generates the XML with the control names)
If you whant to parse XML of you repetingSection (generated by a New Responsive form) you need to use the Guid.

have a look of this post, which shows the current limitations: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Responsive-Forms/New-Resposonsive-Office365-Current-limitations/m-p/89047

ps : Tips of the day : On you list, create a Note field (multiple line of text, in plain text), connect you repeting section to this field. It will contains the XML value of your repeting section and the XML will not be encoded