Jamreed
Scholar

Using Lookup function to set value of Short text field in New Responsive Form

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I am working on a form that uses a lookup field called "Country of Interest" connected to the sharepoint site. This field pulls in all of the countries connected to a different sharepoint list that are associated with their respective Directors. I am trying to use the lookup function to populate the name of the director once the country has been selected. Is my formula off? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Jamreed_0-1641559355761.png

here is a screenshot of the formula 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
plamping
Contributor

Re: Using Lookup function to set value of Short text field in New Responsive Form

Jump to solution

We never could get the lookup() formula working reliably on a text control that referenced a list lookup / dropdown.

Instead, we created a second list lookup / dropdown and set the lookup / filter there and then connected that to a text column.  The only drawback was the user must take the action to select the 1 and only item in the dropdown (which we switched to a radio button), but our users adjusted to it.

See attached screenshots.

View solution in original post

Jamreed
Scholar

Re: Using Lookup function to set value of Short text field in New Responsive Form

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion - sounds like you originally were doing a cascade? I think I'll follow this approach. Kind of seems silly that this function wouldn't work on a text field though. 

0 Kudos
plamping
Contributor

Jump to solution
Right, a cascade. Yes, silly.
0 Kudos