TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information

Jump to solution

In on-prem you should use the "Action Set" action as a counterpart, which also allows you to provide user credentials using which the action is run. So you can provide there Site Collection Admin credentials.

carla1020
Nintex Newbie

Re: The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information

Jump to solution

Ahhhhh!  Now that one I'm familiar with.  This post along with a few others I found think are hopefully leading me down the right path in resolving this error.  Thank you for taking time to respond.

Carla

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

‌ can you mark any from the answers as correct? Or have you found a solution you could share with us?

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
carla1020
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Tomasz, I ended up going with a JavaScript approach for this solution.  Getting around the timing issue altogether was still an issue as the "commit pending changes" did not result in consistent results. 

However your feedback related to the differences between an App Step and an Action Set were very helpful for me.  I did mark your response helpful when you gave it to me but unfortunately I do not see a place to mark the answer as correct.

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

‌ have you found the solution for your question? Can you mark any from the answers as "Correct"?

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos