Submit Form - Unexpected Error Occurred

• 24 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I need to send a form to approx. 60 users every quarter, and then track who has submitted the form and who has not. I have built a workflow on List A which loops through the users (in a lookup list) and then (1) creates a line item - per user - in List B, (2) sends an email to each user with a link to the form for their line item in List B, using the address https://...ListB/EditForm.aspx?=ID[New List Item ID]. 

Selecting this address opens the form correctly, but when I select "Submit" I get the below error message.

What could I be doing wrong here, or is there a better approach?

Unexpected error occured.
Correlation ID: 57ce2c4b-b450-4902-8d8c-ff4d57c99cdc
Tenant ID: 62b5ee2d-032e-4868-8fc2-75cce46e1ee0
Time (UTC): 2021-03-24 21:40:19

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@rthomson Based on your description I would use tasks in the loop instead of creating list items. You can then monitor on the task list instead, if you untick wait for task to complete it will create all the task without waiting.

Thanks Leigh: I didn't think about using the task list - and I could create views to only show outstanding items too.

Just for my own reference, you don't know what the issue with the form error is, do you?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@rthomson  I can't say what that error is without investigating, if you are able to replicate the error you could go through support and they will be able to help investigate.