Trouble with text functions on Participant Name in email

• 27 March 2014
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Greetings,

Our AD display names are Last, First  and the process owners are starting to ask about the easiest way to display  First Last in the emails that are sent for tasks.

I've performed some different functions but have found that they don't fire if the task is delegated or redirected.

In order to test this, I put both my text manipulations and the ParticipantName field in the email. The process assigned the task to me and properly split my display name. But when redirected, it changed the ParticipantName, but the original extraction of my first name remained.. See attached image.

Thoughts?

12233i3C7B36A300623671.png

3 replies

Badge +7

One of the ways that I deal with First Last names is to drag in the Display Name from my AD smartojbect.  Once you pull that property in, you can map the username to a data value associated with your workflow (I.E. SQL or SharePoint).

16847i4B045426151F2892.png

Badge +8

Thanks, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

I need to have the Participant Name refreshed when I'm using some functions to swap Last, First to First Last.

Badge +3

The simplest way is to drop into the code and do a split on the particpant name then reverse the first and last.  You will want to do it on the event itself becuase if you are redirecting the task or delegating it k2 is not executing any other events.  It's just adding additional users or changing the current so the client event code will re-execute.