Save button functionality - saving vs submit

• 6 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi there, 

I have a Nintex O365 form that is connected to a SharePoint list. I want users to be able to open a new form, work on it and then save the form. When the user logs in again the form should allow the users to edit and pick up from where they left off.

The SharePoint list that it is connected to doesn't allow users to edit the list item (we have restricted their permission for it). So I was testing the form as a user and when I save the form I can see it in the SharePoint list but am unable to edit it. How can I use the Save button to just save and the submit button as a final submission to the form?? We don't want users to be able to edit the form if they click on submit.... but if they click on save they should be able to go back an finish the form them submit it. 

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@far_CF You will need to give the user the ability at least edit their own items if you would like them to to able to save and continue. The save option still creates an item, it just removes the need to complete the form and any required validation in the form.

Badge +2
I see... I think given our use case of the form we opted to not have the save button for this year. I had a feeling it was bit of a long shot given we are giving users restricted contribute access to the list.

Thank you for the feedback @leighburke