CompileWorkflowTask task failed

• 8 April 2013
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all,

I've been getting this error in my K2 solution (visual studio 2010 as well as 2012) and I've tried everything I could think of to fix it but nothing seems to work. I formatted my pc (not for this problem, got new hard drive), and it worked after that and then today it started failing again. 

The error seems to be .net related although I only get this in K2 solution, not in windows workflows or any other vs solution.

Error:

Error 3 The "CompileWorkflowTask" task failed unexpectedly.
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
  at Microsoft.Workflow.Compiler.CompilerWrapper.CompileInSeparateProcess(WorkflowCompilerParameters parameters, String[] files)
  at Microsoft.Workflow.Compiler.CompilerWrapper.Compile(WorkflowCompilerParameters parameters, String[] files)
  at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.CompileWorkflowTask.Execute()
  at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
  at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__20.MoveNext() C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319Workflow.Targets

Also, just before I got that I got a sidebyside error that was stored in my event log (this one just magically dissapeared after I did a build again):

Activation context generation failed for "C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319Microsoft.Workflow.Compiler.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319Microsoft.Workflow.Compiler.exe" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

Anyone had this before?

1 reply

Badge

Getting the same error.

It happens when you reference a dll that has been compiled with the Platform Target set to x64 in the project properties.

If you change the referenced dll to "Any CPU" the error goes away.

It obviously has something to do with the fact that K2 is not happy with x64 dll's.  Trying to see if there is a way to set the K2 workflow to target x64