InfoPath Forms Server and K2

• 11 December 2007
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I've created a web-enabled InfoPath form and linked a couple web services to it. I've been following the KB document off the K2 Support Site and have converted my web services to .udcx files and have uploaded them to my Data Connection Library. If I open my form in InfoPath, everything works properly. But, when I open the form using the InfoPath Forms Service, both web services fail. In the log, I see that I am not authorized to run either of the web services.

Seeing as it works in the client and not in the web browser, I suspect it has something to do with user credentials and how it's handled in the browser. Is anyone able to help?

Thanks.

6 replies

Badge +10

I have seen this before "I THINK"

If it is the same issue as with JW, here is what was done to fix it

1. Create a new From Library and Data Connection Library in the MOSS site.

2. Publish the form to the new Form Library.

3. Navigate to the Form Library settings in SharePoint and edit the form template.

4. When the template is opened in the InfoPath client, select File -> Save as Source Files…  and save the InfoPath form template files to temporary directory.  Close InfoPath.

5. Open the manifest.xsf file in an editor and change “s0” to “ns2” in the following section:

<xsf:submit caption="Submit" disableMenuItem="no" onAfterSubmit="close" showStatusDialog="yes">

<xsf:webServiceAdapter wsdlUrl="" queryAllowed="no" submitAllowed="yes" name="Main submit">

<xsf:operation name="" soapAction="" serviceUrl="">

<xsf:input source="Submit.xml">

<xsf:partFragment match="/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/ns2:SubmitInfoPathData/ns2:pArrayData" replaceWith="/" sendAsString="yes"></xsf:partFragment>

</xsf:input>

</xsf:operation>

</xsf:webServiceAdapter>

</xsf:submit>

6. Save the manifest.xsf file and then double-click on it to open it in the InfoPath client.

7. Re-publish the form again so it gets published with the updated manifest.xsf file.

8. Navigate to the Form Library settings in SharePoint and edit the form template.

9. Convert the CanIsubmit and Main Submit data connections to udcx files using the new Data Connection Library.

10.  Approve the data connection files.

11. Republish the form template again.

12. Make sure the Form Library is configured to open the form in the browser.

13. Test submission using the Forms Server.

Obviously you would want to test this pretty good.

Badge +10

Another item to check is to make sure that the udcx files in the data connection library have been Approved (I believe items added to a DCL are set to pending by default). 

If they're listed as pending then users other than the ones with approver rights will get access denied messages.

Badge +1

Thanks for the quick replies. 

This actually isn't for the K2 submit, but rather, a service which I created to query my AD.

I had already approved the DC's in my DCL, and it didn't fix the problem.

Badge +10
Wow, I thought forsure that would fix it.  I think you are on the right track with the credentials angle.  I am out of ideas.  You might want to ping our support guys.  They figured this one out before, which is where I got the information from my post.
Badge +2

Are MOSS and Web services in the same server or different servers? If they are in different servers then you might have to enable Kerberos Authentication.

Badge +4
I would also suggest making sure that Cross Domain data access is enabled in the InfoPath Forms Services configuration in Sharepoint Central Administration before going the route of UDCX connections.