Solved

O365 Query ist & correlation id error

• 11 September 2017
  • 2 replies

Dear All,

Looking for advice on an O365 Query List workflow.

Basically I'm looking up a table on another site and returning a value.

This has been working but not consistently.

I'm finding I'm getting an exception occurred while processing request. correlation id error or the workflow just sits as started and not moving on.  I've I add a preceding action to log to list for example "about to start query" that's all I see when looking at workflow history.

Is there best practices to implement this query regarding performance? 

Should I be using the list ID as apposed to the list name?

What about SharePoint online URLsite URL?  Should they be the same?

Just wanting to get feedback on other peoples experience using this workflow.

icon

Best answer by moobycow 26 September 2017, 11:23

View original

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi Grant,

You mentioned you are querying a list in a site that is not the site that the workflow is running in. To do this, are you using the "Office 365 Query List" action, (There are two Query List actions, the Office 365 one allows you to query any tenant/site, but you must provide credentials).

You mentioned the workflow returns a correlation ID, is there any error message that goes along with it?

Thanks,

Callum

Calum,

Thanks for your response.

I evetually logged this issue with Nintex as I couldn't see why this was working so intermitently.

The issue appeared to be a Microsoft issue

"A significant increase in workflow request volume caused a subset of infrastructure responsible for workflow processing to become degraded. For any customers affected they may need to manually start any affected workflows. Customers can monitor the issue via the Office 365 Service Health dashboard in the Office 365 Portal."

Once this was resolved with Microsoft the query started working again