Solved

New line inside calculated value control

• 6 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +11

I have a calculated value control that is reading in 3 columns from a sharepoint list and displaying it in one form control.

(Classic 365 Forms layout).

I would like to display these 3 strings on 3 separate lines. Currently, I can only concatenate these. I do not want or need to save this data out into SharePoint columns. the 'New Line' function in the formula builder for calculated value controls looks promising, but I cannot find any way of using it here, and no reference to its being used in forms.

The current formula is as follows:

And the result is currently as follows.

current result of calculation

I have 9 of these controls on my form, so I would rather not separate them out into 3 controls each.

(I only intend this data to be read in New Mode, and not to be refreshed/reloaded).

I would be very grateful if someone knows how this can be done.

icon

Best answer by xMikeX 6 June 2018, 17:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Shaun

This worked for me to put Hello and World on two separate lines.   The trick is using the double quotes around the HTML which then seems to render/be interpreted properly:

"Hello" + "</p>" + "World"  

Thanks

Mike

Badge +11

Just a comment - this solution works if the calculation is always active (in new/edit/display modes). If not, the html just becomes text in the middle of the long concatenated text (as at the start). I have decided to refrain from this and to use ---->1 etc before each text to clearly mark them.

as valid HTML, prefer "<br/>" instead of </p> , while <p> isn't open.