Solved

Multiple Approvers, One Task Process - Send Approval Notification for Each Approver in Task Process

• 11 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

My workflow is assigning a task to multiple approvers within the same action (Start a Task Process). I need the action to wait for all approvers to respond before moving forward. However, I still want to notify the initiator when each approver completes their task along the way. Is this possible?  I'd hate to break all these up into individual tasks for the sake of progress emails.

icon

Best answer by Jake 13 August 2020, 11:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

The best possible way I can think for you to achieve this functionality is for you to create a workflow on the task list to send the email on task completion.

The created by field should be the initiator unless you use a service account to create tasks.

perhaps also a form of identifier to ensure it runs only when you want it to for example "send confirmation: yes/no".

I would suggest creating a new task list just for this purpose as to not impact any other tasks

You would simply create a workflow with the start conditions of start on modification not new, the task outcome is not empty and send confirmation is [yes]

then a single action of send an email to the initiator, being as such it will be classed as a free workflow.