InfoPath K2 task pane and Forms Services

Badge +5

I have an InfoPath form in a MOSS forms library which is used to submit data to a workflow. This form works perfectly when used from the InfoPath application, but if I deploy it to be used through the web browser (same forms library) it errors when I try to submit the form ("An error occurred while the form was being submitted.").

When I run the Design Checker in InfoPath I receive the following:

"An error occurred while verifying the form template. The SOAP message cannot be parsed."

I also receive a message that custom task panes are not support and that the custom task pane associated with the form will not be displayed in the browser. I assume this is the K2 Task Pane which I checked the box for in one of the wizards, but I don't see a way to be able to turn that off without starting again from scratch by removing the form and associated activities? I don't think this is much of a problem anyway as it's only a message telling me it won't display, as opposed to an error.

Do I need to do anything within Blackpearl to get my form working through the browser, or is this a MOSS/something else issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

9 replies

Badge +8
What's written in the Sharepoint log when the error occurs? (when you try to submit)
Badge +5
Warning The form could not be submitted to URL because this action would violate cross-domain security restrictions. To allow this data connection for administrator-approved forms, enable full trust for the form template, or add the connection to a Data Connection Library. For user forms, cross-domain connections must be enabled in SharePoint Central Administration, and all connections must be in a Data Connection Library. For more information, please see the security documentation for InfoPath Forms Services.
Badge +5

So... I don't have a fully trusted form or a data connection library. I set up a data connection library and then went into InfoPath, Tools -> Data Connections, and converted the three connections used by Blackpearl into data connection files in this library. Then I saved the form and closed InfoPath. The wizard then immediately errors with: 

The solution has not been opened. The following error occurred on opening: Value cannot be null.</P>
<P>Parameter name: url at</P>
<P>Sourcecode.Workflow.Design.InfoPath.FormTemplate.Solution.Open(Boolean raiseErrors)</P>
<P>at</P>
<P>SourceCode.Workflow.Design.InfoPath.FormTemplateItem.InitializeXsn(Boolean raiseErrors, Boolean loadSmartObjects)</P>
<P>at</P>
<P>SourceCode.Workflow.Design.InfoPath.FormTemplateItem.OpenInDesignMode(Boolean workflowEnable)</P>
<P>at</P>
<P>SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.InfoPath.ManageFormTemplatesPage.designItem()

And now I can't get back into the form from the wizard. Each time I click Design it will bring up this error.

If I open the form in design view outside of BlackPearl, go to the Data Connections, and try to modify one of the connections I get the error: "Could not open 'http://server:9091/RuntimeServices/InfoPathServices.asmx'".

And then: "InfoPath cannot find or cannot access the specified Web service description. The file is not a valid XML file. Not enough storage is available to process this command".

Am I going about this completely the wrong way?

Badge +8

Oh yes, you're going the wrong way... Yet it's probably not your fault, as Blackpearl has sometimes "strange" behaviours.

Normally, when you deploy a process with Infopath integration, and configure it to be deployed as "Browser-enabled", Blackpearl automatically creates a data connection library with all the data connections you need. If you edit the form, and have a look at the data connections, they will still appear as web services; however don't care about that, they are (or should be) converted at deployment time.

The generated library is usually at the root of your Sharepoint site collection, not in your site itself, so think about this if you don't find it.

Badge +5
Thanks Nicolas. I deleted the connections from the InfoPath form and then pointed the Data Connection Wizard at the root of the site collection and found the K2 connecton library. But when I try adding any of these connections I get an authentication prompt for the server which won't accept my details, and then "Could not open 'http://server:9091/RuntimeServices/InfoPathService.asmx?WSDL"
Badge +8

Actually, you don't need to add them to your form template. It's also done automatically when you add a form template to the Infopath Integration wizard. If you deleted them (by mistake or not), I think clicking on "refresh" in the wizard will re-add all the K2 stuff to your form. Otherwise, remove it and add it again as if it was a new form.

And please ensure that cross-domain is enabled in the Infopath Configuration section of your Sharepoint Central Administration.

Badge +5

Awesome, I let Blackpearl re-create the connections like you suggested, and enabled cross-domain in Central Administration, and my forms now work! Thanks very much for your help Nicolas!

Badge +1

Hi All,

I don't know where to start a new thread.So I am continuing in this thread itself because it looks like all of you here might have solution for me.

I have a infopath form with dataconnection to sharepoint list and webservices and i am using this infopath in a k2 workflow. From what i have understood so far is that k2 creates dataconnection udc by itself. when i open the site, i have the k2 form lib with some udc but they don't point to my dataconnection. Am i missing out something here. The reason i want this is i need to deploy in a different environment and unless i get to the udc file i don't understand how i will change the lists and webservices of that environment.

Thanks in advance... any help is appreciated.

Bingo 

Badge +4

K2 creates data connections only for its webservices used for submitting the form to the workflow. So, if you have other secondary data sources then you have to do these manually.

does this make sense?