How to get selected value of drop down list and person/group picker into another label in the Nintex form?

Badge +6

So am working on a business card request system and want to generate a preview for users who submit their requests. I would like to get the value from form items display in the sections of the business card shown below.

In InfoPath I would go about doing this with 'Set value for field' action on the controls where I want values from. I am creating a panel in the form and added some image and text in it on the left side. Its the dynamic employee name, department and address that I would need to generate the complete preview.

I tried dragging and dropping the controls again and it obviously didn't work for me(I wonder why! wink.png)

So reaching out! Thanks in advance!!

-Swetha

NintexFieldValue to Label.png

Emily Billing​ This is what I was curious about. I figured I could ask a clearer question(?!?) with picture instead of my vague,'hey I want this in that so how do I go about getting that for this'! happy.png

And, Nintex for O365 rocks! burkslmsilly.png

-Swetha

6 replies

Badge +6

Excellent Jeremy Jaya Raj Calculated value was what I was looking for. Got the preview before submit I was striving for. Now, I get greedy and want to know how to get 'Full Name' instead of account ID from people picker control(Employee Name) also, how to get just the list lookup value for 'School Name' instead of the (ID;#) in front of it? Should we use jQuery/JavaScript libraries and event handling for that? Is there any example or resource I can lookup for that?

Badge +6

Thanks a bunch Jeremy. I got wrapped up with other apps and haven't had a chance to try the script. Hope to try it soon and will share my results soon for our user community to benefit from. You guys rock! Thanks for the continued support. Jeremy Jaya RajEmily Billing

Badge +6

Great nifty code. Thanks for sharing Jeremy Jaya Raj It gives me the userid of the Employee Name which is awesome(setup alert for name).

I need clarification on two points though,

1) Label still shows as empty, Gave label a custom class just as you did in the script. I must be missing some attribute or visibility option? in the form. Should I connect it to an associated control?

2) Is there a way to get the Full Name of person/group field, instead of userid.

Regards,

Swetha

Badge +6

How do we remove the ID:# in front of the list lookup?

Badge +6

Emily Spradlin

Regexr: http://www.regexr.com/

The rule that removes the number & #

I believe. Its been a while since I tackled this solution.

That said, I noticed recently this past week that, we don't have to  connect List Lookup value to ID. Instead just connect Text of the list item to single line textbox in the list. (Deoartment_School is a single line textbox in my list).

So, maybe you won't have to remove the id# from the list lookup selected item.

Emily Billing​ please correct me if I'm wrong.

Badge +5

I've just noticed the same - is it a change with Mobile coming online?  The returned 'ID Connected To' value always had both the ID# and the value as NN;#TTTTT but now value is just the NN ID#.  It's certainly a change in the behaviour of the List Lookup returning value in Forms!