Solved

How to get All Approver Comments in Office 365

• 6 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

On premises Nintex 2013 has All Approver Comments and All Approver Comments (HTML) functions. These are missing in my Office 365 version of Nintex. Does the cloud version lack this functionality?

Is there a simpler way of consolidating all approval comments in Office 365 workflows (other than querying task list and consolidating comments)

Thanks

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 22 April 2017, 21:48

View original

4 replies

Badge +3

I find the easiest way to do this is to create a Last Approver Comments variable (make it initialization so you can make it multiple lines of text).  Then replace the task form with a Nintex form and map the comments control to the workflow variable.  Then when the task completes you'll have the comment from the task in a variable without needing to query the list.  Then you can use build string to build and keep a log of all the comments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

But certainly yes - the Nintex for O365 does not has this functionality. I saw it is somewhere in the heads of development teams but without any timeframes, so it can even appear next year.

I do it like this:

1. I add the "Approver Comments" site column to the Nintex Task content type, so that it appears on the task form (doesn't matter whether it's Nintex Forms then or regular task form);
  2. After the task (tasks?) is completed, I query the task list for the items having "Instance Id = {WorkflowContext:InstanceId", ordering it using the modification date "desc" and having the particular task title;
  3. Then I concatenate the "Approver Comments" from the queried tasks and that's it.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

Hi Mark, can you give me an example workflow or detail how you did your work around. Look intresting and  actually need this desparately 🙂 while Nintex did forget this core functionality.

Badge +6

Hi Tomasz, is there an example workflow somewhere available I can quickly follow ?  Thanks for the workaround tip.

Almost unbelievable that Nintex did not take this to the next level O365. There must be more people complaining about this missing functionality as almost 90% of my approval WF's do have that in use.