Running a seperate SharePoint 2013 site collection in 2010 mode to the same environment?

Badge +1

Hi,

We are a company that currently has processes using K2 4.5 with InfoPath forms integrated.

We are setting up a new K2 4.6.7 environment on SharePoint 2013 with SmartForms.  However, a major goal is to move our existing 4.5 InfoPath forms to the SharePoint 2013 environment as we need to retire the older infrastructure quicker than we can migrated the processes to smartforms.

Question:  Can two SharePoint site collections be configured on same environment? 

While we would have a K2 4.6.7 SharePoint 2013 mode environment with all the bells and whistles,  we also want a seperate K2 4.6.7 SharePoint Site collection running in SharePoint 2010 mode. 

Our hope is in this site collection, we could move our InfoPath integrated workflows and then rebuild them using K2 smartforms.

Does this sound possible?  Has anyone done something like this before? 

4 replies

Badge +6

Hi Rick,

It is possible to create a SharePoint site collection in Sharepoint 2010 Compatibility Mode. 

Here are some links on this:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sharepointdevelopersupport/archive/2013/07/22/running-sharepoint-2013-in-2010-mode-and-solution-compatibilitylevel.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617150(v=office.15).aspx

Regards,

Badge +1

Thanks Taariq,

I am just wondering then do we have to create a new seperate App Domain in SharePoint 2013 for that seperate site collection?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Rick,

This is an excellent question. I know you cannot point 2 different SP site collections in the same farm to 2 different K2 environments that are both using the pre-SP2013 "App" model. In other words, your 4.5 K2 environment is 1 SP Fram <-> 1 K2 environment. But, the 4.6.7 environment would be installing the K2 for SP App, which is an entirely different model, and I suspect it may be possible. But I believe you may need to install the 4.5 K2 for SP components for the 2010-mode piece before installing the 4.6.7 K2 for SP App.

Please note, though, that this is speculation on my part.

Badge +1

Thanks Gail,

Maybe I didn't explain what I was trying to do.

Using the Same SharePoint 2013 and K2 blackpearl 4.6.7 environment, I wanted to make 2 site collection.

Site Collection 1: SharePoint 2013 mode and K2 4.6.7 blackpearl application with SmartForms

Site Collection 2: SharePoint 2013 in SharePoint 2010 mode, with K2 blackpearl and InfoPath as we move the workflows over to SmartForms.

Because it is in SharePoint 2010 mode for site collection 2, do we have to deal with configuring an App again for the site?

Also is there any documented steps on setting up K2 environment on a SharePoint 2010 mode site in SharePoint 2013?