Set value of a field in Nintex forms is not working

Badge +3

Ultimately what I'm trying to do is populate a Phone Number field from the SharePoint user profile service on New forms. I'm trying to use a Control Rule with the Set Value method and I can't get it to populate using any values, even after simplifying the rule. 

I think I'm missing something fundamentally, because to me it looks like it should work. Screenshot of the rule attached.

Any ideas on how to get the Set Value to work?

Thanks

More info: 

Phone Number is bound to a single line of text field in SharePoint

Responsive form

SharePoint 2013 on-prem

Version: 2.11.2.20

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

The rule does not seem to be connected to the control.....

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I haven't seen it documented anywhere, but SetValue rules are not executed on form load.

1887i441B3CAA7CCF351B.jpg

you'd need to make rule's 'When' formula depended on an other control which's change would trigger the rule to execute.

Badge +3

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get the SetValue rule to work by changing the rule to depend on another control's value, and that works at run time. Unfortunately if SetValue rules don't execute on form load, I can't use this method.

So ultimately what I would like to do is populate the phone number field with the user's user profile property using

userProfileLookup(Current User,"WorkPhone")

I've tried this solution: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/How-to-use-a-calculated-default-value-in-a-single-line-text-box/td-p/29710 and got it to work, but it's not ideal.

If there's any advice on a better solution to populate a field with user profile properties at form load, I would love to hear them. In any case my original posted question was solved. Thanks again.