Solved

Does anyone know how to stop a form from being in Edit mode once the form has been submitted?

• 27 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

When the form has been submitted and the workflow starts, the form can still be amended once the workflow starts, is there anyway to show the form in edit Mode only once the form has been submitted and the workflow starts?

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 27 April 2017, 17:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So what you want to achieve is to open a form only in a display mode once the workflow started? If that is correct, my answer is: there is no direct way, you can achieve that only by using formatting rules.

You can set a rule based on the workflow status column, ex. if the column has value, and if the form is in edit mode (isEditMode) you can set formatting on a field to be "disabled".

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +7

Hello Tomasz,

Form rule created for EditMode and all is good.

Thank you

Regards,

Claire

Badge +11

To prevent saving changes to a completed form, I generally hide the Save/Submit button at the base of the form using an isEditMode rule when the form is complete.

And I often hide the ribbon Edit button using Custom CSS under Form Settings:

/*hide ribbon save button in ribbon for Edit form*/ 
#RibbonSaveButton 

display:none; 
}

Badge +1

I have a form that has to go to the first approver for them to be able to edit, after this approver completes the task i require the form to not be editable. IS there a way to hide the ribbon and have the form in display mode only after the first approver workflow?