Solved

Check if item exists multiple choice field

• 2 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +10

I am trying to check if an item exists in a collection that is based off a choice field that allows multiple selections, but it isn't working as expected when multiple selections are chosen.

I have a field "Reminder" that has multiple options (90 days, 60 days, etc.) I'm using "Add Item to Collection" to add the choices to a collection. I'm then using "Check if Item Exists in Collection" to see if a specific option was chosen. If a single option, such as 90 days, is chosen, everything resolves just fine. If multiple fields are chosen, it seems that it doesn't find it. I have a log to history list that shows the items in the collection and I can see the option is there, but check if item exists still says no.

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by leighburke 3 June 2020, 00:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@aak1 When you say you are adding the item to the collection, are you splitting out the choices and then adding to the collection, or are you just adding the whole field to the collection?

Alternatively you could just use a run if command to check if the field contains the value, then the value will not need to match exactly.

Badge +10

@leighburke I'm adding the whole field to the collection.

I tried running an if statement on the choice field, but the only options I got were "equals" and "not equals" which didn't seem like they would work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@aak1 Add it to a variable first and then it should allow you to see the additional options.

Badge +10

I think that worked! Thank you.