Autopopulate date/time field based on another date/time field

• 8 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone!

I am working on a form and I need to autopopulate fields based on another fields, I have done it on simple text fields but I don't know how to do it on date/time fields. I need to autopopulate a date/time field based on another date/time field so that they will have the same value. 

Do you have any idea on how I can implement this? Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is it related to a Form, or Workflow? If Workflow - have you tried to click that small "Fx" icon next to a field, and there choose the "ISO" format? Per my experience this is the most secure format to have the date/time field updated.

Regards,

Tomasz

Hi Tomasz, 

Thanks for your response but mine is related to a form. 

Badge +12

If you want to change the date and time every time you change date/time in other field (before saving the form) than you will have to use the calculated control instead of date/time control.

If you want the default value then may be you can connect the control to the field and then try to manipulate default date/time using Calculated value option in the column settings.

Date/Time control do not have option to display calculated default date without connecting to the column and use column's settings.

Regards,

Kunal