Solved

User Context Variables - NWC Starting Form

Badge +2

Hi all,

I've noticed in the 'What's New': 'Highlights from Release 129', that user context is now available in NWC forms:

User Context Variable
Form designers can now access contextual information based on the logged in user that is accessing an authenticated form. Designers will be able to use the signed in user’s first name, last name, and email address.

Can anyone confirm whether this is available from NWC starting forms?

I can't seem to see where these variables are available in a starting form.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by butlerj 2 July 2021, 06:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi,

I think they are referring to workflow initiator's first name, last name, email address as shown below, and it works if the Form access is given to "Authenticated users in this tenant" only, and it make sence, only authenticated user's first name, last name and email address is stored in the tenant, but not the anonymous users details.

Badge +2

Hi kchaluvadi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I should clarify, I was hoping to utilise the user context (for authenticated users) on the starting form itself. 

The user context variables only seem to be available in workflow (after the starting form submission) or task forms, not as part of the starting form, from what I can see.

Just looking for clarification.

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

I either don't see current user related details in the context section for "Assign a Task" action.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@tlangford , I don't think it has fully rolled out yet.

The help.nintex.com release notes have not been updated with what is on the what's new menu inside NWC.

I just had a look on my start forms in NWC across a couple of tenancies in two different regions and I cannot see the feature as yet.

I would expect to see it come through as a function which can be used on a form variable or a special variable / object.

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi All, 

Sorry release highlight got a little excited and was posted early for that feature. Keep your eyes open for it to drop on Monday!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Great to hear that it's on the way @butlerj 

Been eagerly awaited for a while now.

Really hoping that the new people picker and data source / lookup variables are released really soon too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Have to say @butlerj that the release over the weekend is disappointing.

According to the release notes the user context didn't make the cut.

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/platform/ReleaseNotes/NintexWorkflowCloud.htm

We are trying to move from the SharePoint platforms to NWC and the release of user context in forms, people picker and the data source variables are critical to this. Seeing this get kicked further down the path on the roadmap is frustrating.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

sorry @butlerj 

I stand corrected on this one as I can now see the current user context in the form.

I also see that the release notes have been updated since yesterday and now include the current user context.

Thanks,
Gavin