Convert Xml Field Data in to Excel or any other file format

• 20 January 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi Mates,

I had sharepoint list. I have  created the metadata for that list.

My requirment is that. once user add any data in Sharepoint list my workflow get trigger and worklist item assign to destination user.

I want email the newly added details to user in email.

1.Is there any way i can convert this data into excel or any otehr file format and add as attachment in email template.

2. Else i want those details to in email format.

Thanks in advance,

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

12466i840DFD6C54653DE5.png

Will dragging and dropping XML fields from your list into an email event body and then formating them work?

Badge +4

Hi Tin,

How could i convert it in excel. i tried this but it came in plain format. I want it as attchment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

12862iDE7BD2053C8BB55E.png

If you drag and drop, the generated xml field OR the out-of-the-box 'Sharepoint_Item' field into an emal attachment, it will generate an inline rule for you and attach the sharepoint list item as a .xml file.

13157iAA0F76062512DA0A.png

Xml file attached to email.

16944i250F14BD1381ADA1.png

When save as locally and open in a browser.

Badge +3

Hi Tin,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes i have tried this and it works for me . But since i need to send attchements to end user .so its should be in PDF or some other text forat instate of .xml

So is there any way to do that??

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hello Nik,

I believe through the Sharepoint Workflow Integration, the process only know about the Share list item as an XML structure, without any formating.  Out-of-the-box, one possible way (have not been tested) is to expose the list item in a Smartforms, then use the PDF Converter Smartobject to convert it to a PDF file and attach it to the email.

1.  Create a Smartforms with input paramater that would load the list item's data with the designUI that you want

2.  Use the PDF Converter Smartobject against that Smartforms loaded with the list data to create the PDF

3.  Use the PDF File Smartobject to attach that to the email

Theoretically, this may accomplish what you are seeking.

Thanks, and regards,

Tin