Solved

Error 1053 - Windows could not start the Nintex RPA Central service on local computer

RPA central fails to load. When restarting the RPA Central service it throws the error in the attached screenshot. When I try to open Foxtrot it says Nintex could not reach the configured URL. We did not change the URL at all. Restarting the server that rpa central is hosted on does not fix the issue

icon

Best answer by Sasan 4 May 2020, 23:49

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

We are in the process of investigating the issue and resolving.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Issue now has been resolved and service is back on-line.  Thanks for reporting and your patience.

Badge +5

What was the solution?  I'm having the same issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

This was due to a service outage.  However, we have not had a service outage since then.  Would you be able to provide more details on your issue with possibly screenshots.

Thanks

Sasan

I'd like to see a documented workaround so that Nintex Bot could be launched anytime the RPA Central Service cannot be started because of a service disruption on the remote end.

This is preventing us from running any scheduled or on-demand bots today.

Agree, we're also having issues where it will not start and users can't run the bots.

We're getting error 1604: an exception occurred in the service when handling the control request.

If there's a way we can run the bot without having the connection to RPA Central, we're interested in hearing a solution.  Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

In the past few hours Nintex RPA Central incurred a service disruption.  Please follow these steps to resume service:

1. Go to Task Manager

2. Search for RPACentral.ServiceHost

3. Right click and End Task

4. Go to Services

5. Search for Nintex RPA Central

6. Start the service

As another option you can also restart your machine/server.

Hello,

I have similar issue.

After installed Nintex RPA Central, I activated license key (service RPACentral.ServiceHost works).

After that, the page was refreshed and I got the error message 1053.

Screenshots in the attachment.

I tried do all your's recommendations, but it didn't help.

Please, help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Please try those steps again as we had a service disruption.  And if unsuccessful, please try these steps:

Command Line

1. Start > Run, or Start > type services.msc, and press Enter.

2. Look for the Nintex RPA Central service and check the Properties and identify its service name.

3. Once found, open a command prompt. Type sc queryex [servicename].
    Identify the PID (Process ID).

4. In the same command prompt type taskkill /pid [pid number] /f.

It's work.
Thanks