Financial Risks & Controls

• 29 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Has anyone used Promapp to map key financial processes and document (using the risk and control functionality) where the key controls are in those processes?  We are building a financial risk and control framework and I'm looking to link this to our business process mapping exercise which is using Promapp.  I'm new to Promapp and any help would be much appreciated.

4 replies

We use it for our business and strategic risks (similar to financial risks). It's best if you have the Risk & Compliance module as this allows you to create risks and treatments, link them to processes and manage your sign offs/reviews.

We used to manage this all in spreadsheets which were rarely looked at, systemising them has forced people to actually take an active role in managing them which has been positive.

Hi Damian

Thanks for the response.  We have added the risk and compliance module and I'm really interested in how we can configure this to meet our requirements.  Not sure where you're based (I'm in the UK) but if you're willing I'd really appreciate a one-to-one call to talk through how you've done this.

Regards

Steve

Hey Steve, I'm in NZ which might make it difficult. Happy to swap emails and see what we can make work. I'll send you a message.

Hi Damian,

if possible, I would like to catch up with you about how you have captured your process controls in Promapp. We are in exactly the same position as Steve e.g. we have started with our process mapping and have the Risk module enabled, but we are struggling to find an effective way to identify our process controls on the maps.

I'm based in NZ as well (New Plymouth to be specific).

Kind regards,

Marius