Solved

Risk deletion

• 28 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello

we are wanting to audit risk deletion in our register. Does anyone know where this data is stored? Also is there a way to prevent deletion and deactivate instead? Similar to processes being 'archived' instead of deleted.

icon

Best answer by Lauren_R 8 March 2022, 00:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Good day, @AnnaSTDC -

Let me confirm on this end of things and report back.

Regards, 

-Sam

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Good day, @AnnaSTDC - Still working this on my end of things and getting a solid answer for you.  I see the Risk audit history report allows for a "Show Deactivated" selection, but I'm not seeing a way to deactivate things in my demo site.  

-Sam

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks Sam, yes I see there is a filter for deactivated but there isn't any showing as they are all deleted instead

Badge +6

Hi @AnnaSTDC (and @Nintex_Sam ),

When deleting a risk (using the little trash icon) one of two things will happen:

1. IF the risk has some sort of record against it (ie if there are completed sign offs or completed process changes) the risk will be deactivated rather than deleted and can be viewed by the deactivated filter in the audit history page.

2. IF the risk has had no activity against it it will delete entirely - there is no record of this deleted risk kept in the site that you can access.

To answer your second question, there is no way to prevent deletion, other than having activity against the risk (as mentioned above) - then it can never be deleted and will always deactivate instead.

I'd suggest adding this to Uservoice if you'd like to see this functionality changed, I had a quick look in there but couldn't see an existing request.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Thanks Lauren