Upgrade analysis: K2 4.6.11 SharePoint 2010 --> K2 4.7 SharePoint 2016

• 30 August 2017
  • 3 replies

The upgrade of SharePoint 2010 to 2016 is not an easy matter (to say the least).

I've prepared a summary describing the process (Refer below image)

The main challenge is the migration of SharePoint V1 / SharePoint V2 / SharePoint Content service broker SmartObjects. Which we (Unfortunately) have a lot of these in our environment.

I want to know if the plan below is good, or is there a better way of doing things?

I can go through details if required. Or about why we're choosing this upgrade path, etc..

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Picture also attached (in case it doesn't load)

12505i4F930E8B9D90D407.png

15950i9CF440C660B86168.png

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi 

I would recommend you look at the below compatibility matrix, so that you can see what versions of K2 support which version of Sharepoint:

https://help.k2.com/blackpearl/support-matrix

However since we as support provide assistanace where K2 as a product is breaking. I would recommend you make contact with your local Customer Account manager, if you don't have contact i will be happy to provide them for you.

Regards

Neo

Badge +10

@Abdulla

FYI..The picture you posted is not showing up.

@K2_Beginner

I re-attached the picture as a regular attachment in this reply.

@Neo

Thanks for replying and providing material.

Perhaps the graphical summary was a little vague. My actual main concern and risk area here is migration of SharePoint V1, SharePoint V2, and SharePoint Content service brokers' SmartObjects to SharePoint 2013 service broker SmartObjects. Since, according to below article, the SharePoint 2013 SmartObject is the one being supported:

https://help.k2.com/kb001707

We do have an account manager that I'm planning to contact soon, but I'm interested in hearing what the community has to say.

EDIT:

After some research I concluded that the migration can be done in 2 ways:

1. Edit all the SmartObjects, edit all the methods and re-map them to the new SharePoint 2013 Service Instances.
  2. Or, [No migration] Generate new SharePoint 2013 SmartObjects using the K2 for SharePoint app, and replace all existing SmartObjects with the new ones. 

Is the above correct? Or are there easier ways than this?

Thanks