Why do I get 2 tasks notifications for a Flexi Task

• 28 September 2016
  • 22 replies

Badge +9

I am receiving 2 Task notifications for a FlexiTask when assigned.  My name is listed once in the Assignees.  Create Individual Tasks is unchecked.  When I look at the Workflow history I see 2 lines under Action History:

Send Notification and Assign Flexi Task

Any ideas ?

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

are you hard coding your name in the assignees list or is it there via a variable?

Badge +11

I am wondering if this flexi-task is running twice. Just before the flexi-task put a log history action there. Put a log something like "About to run flexi-task".

Badge +9

I will try in the am and let you know...

Badge +9

I am using the people picker....

Badge

I am getting the same behaviour for a to-do task.  And yes the action runs twice. I opened a support case. Will let you know if i find a solution

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

When I look at the Workflow history I see 2 lines under Action History:

Send Notification and Assign Flexi Task

can you post a screenshot of your workflow?

if I understood this paragraph correctly you have there separate send notification action that might explain second mail.

Badge +9

I have 1 Assign Flexi Task which has Options of Yes/No as Outcomes.  All must agree on a specific outcome.  The assignee is my name which is available from a People Picker.  

The Assign Flexi Task then branches to Yes and Other.  Below Yes and Other are Notifications.  The Yes Notification has a subject line of "Approved" and the No Notification has a subject line of "Reject".  

I am getting 2 emails for Yes/Approved"

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

The Assign Flexi Task then branches to Yes and Other.

I'm a bit confused....

are they flexi task's branches or have you set up your own switch or set condition action?

if everything goes well you wouldn't be able to setup 2 branches to flexi task having two outcomes and oither branch activated.

can you post screenshots of your setup (workflow as well as single actions).

history log would be helpfull as well.

are your flexi task and notification actions within loop or state machine?

Badge +11

Please post a screenshot of your workflow.

Badge +9

No..I did not set up my own switch.  There are 2 Outcomes Yes/No and I selected to include an "Other" branch..  How do I set up the History log...thx

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I agree that a screen shot is needed in order to give you specific direction.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

there is a 'Log in History list' workflow action

Badge +9

Hi..here is an image of the flow..Assign Flexi

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so actually 3 branches and  the first one must be 'NO' branch, isn't?

it can not empty branch...

and just to clarify:

originally you reported that you get flexi task notification twice (ie. notification to complete the task).

but it rather looks you get twice notification from send notification action once the task is confirmed.

is that true?

Badge +9

Here is some additional info:

Assign Flexi Task Box:

Assignee is my name only which was selected from a People Picker

Allow delegation is checked off

Outcomes are Yes/No

Behaviour is All must agree on a specific outcome

Advance Options is "Include an Other Branch to capture outcomes not listed in the Outcomes section"

When I create a new item I get 2 of the exact same emails (assign emails) generated from the Assign Flexi Task Box.  Note there are no issues regarding the emails generated from the Send Notification Boxes, just the Assign Flexi Task Box.

Apologies as I should have provided all this information in the original post.  Many thanks in advance,

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, clearer now.

is flexi task somewhere at beginning of workflow?

could you try to place pause action before flexi task and set it up to wait for 5min?

could you as well place log history action before flexi task and write some message to history log to see how many times it will be executed?

Badge +9

The FlexiTask is the very first item in the workflow...

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Can you tell if two instances of the workflow are firing off, by using some logging information or workflow history?   Do you have any start conditions on the workflow?  If so what do those look like.

Thanks,

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

as I've already written, I strongly recommend putting pause action at the very beginning of the workflow.

Badge +9

Sorry..I will be away until Sunday..On Sunday I will put a pause action in and report back..

Badge +9

Ok...so I put a pause on and a log history action; so of course now it works.  I remove the pause and log and it still works...Have no idea why, but I appreciate everyone's input.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

keep the pause present in the workflow!

you can read on reasons here