SourceCode FileService dll error

• 22 February 2019
  • 2 replies

I had an issue with a dll last two weeks and been trying to get a resolution to it.

I had the error below while trying to refresh a service on smartobject tester.

'Assembly k2SourceCode.SmartObject.Services.FileServices.dll has been loaded from a different location. It cannot be loaded from a new location within the same appdomain'.

Kindly let me know if you have a resolution.

Regards,

2 replies

Hi kolate

It seems as you have the same dll saved in two locations in your respositotory, After the assembly is coded and build , you be copied more than one FileService  .dll file to each of the physical servers in your environmemt "Normally, each service Broker  .dll would only have one associated service Type entry"

firstly check with your build configuration: It might turns out that you're using wrong build configurations, It's typically defaulted to a "release builld", change it to "dev build" include all your k2 projects.

secondly : Edit the workspace in your build definition, Add a reference to the folder containing dll's and change from "active" to "cloaked" that will stop TFS(https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt118931) to getting that folder during build.

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Good morning K2 developer 

I investigated further looked into alternatives solutions,

In ammendment of the above scenario i'd recomment you to refference your .dll file directly within the k2 for gac and or perform the sysinternals utilities.

Kindly follow up with this link to start up with process. https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Blackpearl-Forum-Posts/How-to-apply-SourceCode-dll-in-GAC/td-p/102572

should you find this information relevant to your problem or leads you to the solution, please mark it as a "kudo and/or accepted solution.

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Thank you.