Smartform List (selecting multiple rows)

• 18 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Hi All

The application I'm developing has a requirement for the users to select multiple rows in a list and then perform some action on each row selected

I know it's possible to make multi row selectiona by pressing CTRL+click to select each row
However I'd like to try and find a more user friendly way to achieve this...

Ideally each row has a checkbox on the left and user selects that... but I dont think thats possible

Does anyone have any tips or custom code which would allow me to select multiple rows 

thanks
Paul

2 replies

Hi Paul,

I have done that in my projects. You can follow the instructions from this link

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Rendering-a-checkbox-in-list-view-display-area/td-p/61963

Regards,

Satpal

Badge +3

Hi Paul,

The way ive achieved this is by adding a field to the list smartobject, which is then used to populate with 1 with an 'on click' event on the list.

So, in essence when i click a row it edits the selected row, transfers a 1 to the 'selector' field and applys the change to the selected row.  I also have a conditional format which turns the line green when 'selector=1' you also have to put a in the rule if selector = 1 then change it to 0 and and the rule.  Its worth saying that when a change is applied to a list row it doesnt save it to the smartobject at that point, which is perfect for this kind of solution.

When you need to action the selected items you can use the for each loop to have an 'if selector =1' condition to only action the selected rules.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nathan