Conditional Escalation based on data field value

Badge +8

I have a datafield called OrderSize and a task that is assigned for an approval. I would like to set up two different escalations based on the order size. Something like:

if(OrderSize > 10) then run escalation one which sends a reminder after 4 days and 10 days

else

send reminder after 2 days and 6 days

Is it possible to do this?

I could set up the same activity twice and add some line rules and then set the escalations on each activity but that does not seem like the best way to handle it.

10 replies

Badge +11

Yes.  You could acheive this with the IF inline function.  You would need two escalations since each ordersize can have two.  In the escalate after field, use the IF (located under logical) to say IF (OrderSize > 10, 4, 2).

Badge +8

Awesome, I didn't even realize you could use context there. I see the ellipses box on the right but with the dropdown it threw me completely off. Thanks.

Badge +8

This would have been awesome if it allowed me to do it but I am receiving an error when attempting to use an expresion

see attached

14705iC3B8A77CA5492A19.jpg
Badge +8

Actually I tried that too and it returned the same error, so I went back to the original expression so it could mostly be seen in the screenie.

Badge +8

Thanks, seems like kind of a hack way to do it, but if it works.....

I think I may open a ticket on the error I don't believe it should do that.

Badge +10

Opening a ticket sounds like a good idea at this point. Please report back what you find out. I think it would be helpful to everyone.

Thanks!

Badge +11

Make sure you set the IF expression's return type to Integer.  The default is Object and leaving it set to that will cause the message you are seeing.

16074iB7B03848F68DEA5A.png
Badge +8

Bah!! Of course I completely missed that. Thank you David.

Badge +10

did that fix it?

Badge +8

yes