Collect list information based on a date and put them in an email

Badge +2

I have a list containing an employees name their vacation start time, end time and who is covering for them. I'm trying to build workflow which queries the list and collects all of the above information if it falls into the date range.

I've tried a workflow which calculates the greater than/less than date, quieries the list and places all of the list infomration in a string then into an email. I end up getting the email but it doesn't contain any of the information.

I've attached the workflow (SP 2013).

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

When importing a worklfow that has Query List actions in it all the configuration is cleared as the list cannot be found.
Please provide screen shots of the configuration of the query list actions so that we can assist you better.
Badge +12

@AndrewRobinson .....As @SimonMuntz mentioned, QL configuration gets lost during import/export of the workflow, you can instead switch to CAML builder and make sure you remove GUID and keep workflow name. Also, if you want us to review the workflow the we'll need all the list it's querying too.

But from the description of your issue, can you try following steps:

1. Query your list and get all the columns you need and also get the ID columns
  2. Using For loop and ID collection, get the index value
  3. Use parallel operation and add collection operation for each column in each branch
  4. For date value use date variables
  5. Now put a Run If action to send email notification

Also, I see in build string you are using item property for dates and other information, this means that those values are in current item, if that's the case then why you need query list???